- 1/4 cup Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella, cut into small cubes
- 1 T extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F
- Place the ground turkey, onion, garlic, egg, bread crumbs, seasoning, pesto, and salt in a bowl. Mix until evenly blended, then form into 1 3/4-inch meatballs. Make a hole in the meatball with your finger and place a cheese cube in the hole. Seal the meatball around the cheese and place on a nonstick baking sheet. Drizzle the olive oil over the meatballs.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the meatballs are no longer pink in the center, about 30 minutes.
Adapted from: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/mozzarella-stuffed-pesto-turkey-meatballs/?scale=12&ismetric=0