Sunday, March 14, 2010

Getting Started

As I get started on my very first blog, I think it's appropriate to reflect on how I got started with my healthful lifestyle. I was raised on pizza, fast food, and tuna caserol. Not only did I eat poorly, I also overate at every meal. After years spent suffering in my body with obesity and illness, my dad, Dr. Michael Kwiker, introduced me to a diet that is tailored to my specific metabolism. 11 years ago I started following the Blood Type Diet for the "A" blood type, and my health, mood, and weight have benefited enormously. When I changed the way I ate, I began to cook for myself, appreciate the beauty of food, and become conscious of my relationship with food. In short, the nutrition of my meals became important to me, and I thoughtfully chose each calorie I consumed.

Now that I am a new mom, shedding the baby pounds has reconnected me with the importance of eating with awareness, and I plan to share with you here the meals, snacks, and menus I use to keep myself and my family healthy, happy, and well nourished. I also plan to share with you my process of having a relationship with food that is conscious and honest.

2 comments:

  1. Hi...In desperate need of healthy tasty recipes for gluten free and dairy free child. Thanks a soon to be loyal fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, I'm excited for ur yummy food. What a fantastic idea.

    ReplyDelete