Sunday, April 3, 2011

Curry Tofu Salad

Our newly expanded Whole Foods in Boulder is spectacular, and with all of that expansion has come some new tasty treats to take up some of that new space. My favorite is the curry tofu salad. Even though there are several ingredients in it that I never eat, I tasted it and was inspired to come home and make my own version. I was surprised at how quick and easy it was to make.

Ingredients:
1 package extra firm tofu, pressed out and cubed
1/4 cup rasins
1/2 T curry powder
1t garlic salt
salt to taste
2-3 T Veganaise
1/2 T curry powder
3 stalks celery, chopped
2 medium carrots, grated
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
green onions or cilantro (optional)

Here is what I do:
In a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, place the tofu in a single layer. I do not use any oil because I want to water to cook out of the tofu so that it gets firm. After I flip it a few times, I add curry powder, garlic salt, salt, and raisins. Mix together and turn off heat.
In a large bowl, mix Veganaise, curry powder, and salt. Then add celery, carrots, walnuts, green onions, and tofu mixture. Refrigerate for about an hour before serving. Delicious!

(The pictures DO NOT do this salad justice)


No comments:

Post a Comment