Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Salmon Cakes

If you're looking for something delicious, easy, and healthy to make for dinner tonight, try this recipe. I've been meaning to post this recipe for some time. The first time I made it, my husband said, "Are you kidding me? Are you kidding me right now?" (i.e. this is more delicious than I ever imagined). Then when my dad was here the other week I made them for him, and when we spoke about the recipe a few days ago his mouth watered.

I figured it was time to share it with you. Please know that I do not measure anything, and I have not taken any pictures. The next time I make these salmon cakes I will remedy both of these situations.

Salmon Cakes:
I start with 2 cans of wild Salmon. Read the ingredients to make sure there are no colors, preservatives, or additives in your can. Drain the cans, put the salmon in a big mixing bowl, and separate with a fork.

Then I add about 1/2 cup of frozen peas, 1/2 cup of chopped red onion, 1/2 cup of grated carrots, 1 T of Veganaise, 1/2 T of Dijon Mustard, and 1/4 cup of whole grain spelt four. I also add some garlic powder and salt. Mix everything together.

Then heat a little olive oil in a large skillet. When the oil is hot, form your patties and cook them up. Try to only flip them once, when the first side is crispy.

Serve with a delicious salad and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment