Friday, January 14, 2011

My Muse...

When I was single, I ate fairly bland, healthy food. When I met my husband, I stretched myself to make delicious healthy food to keep him interested in eating well. Now that I'm a mom, I work overtime to create healthy, scrumptious food that my toddler will eat.

Here are two dishes that my daughter LOVES.

This first one is tofu dip. Well, she'll eat any and all of my dips, but recently I improvised an old favorite because I had no Tahini in the house (I know, a totally tragedy). I was so surprised by how much Mylah loved what I came up with. Here's what I did:

2 boxes silken tofu
3 T fresh lemon juice
1 T garlic powder
Salt to taste (about 1/2 T)
2 T apple cider vinegar
about 1 T German, grainy mustard
1 T Sesame seeds

Mix in food processor and adjust seasoning to taste. Super easy and yummy!






The second dish I make often is oatmeal. I know...not newsworthy. However, the way I make it, she gets all of the nourishment I could hope for in one dish. Here's what I do (and it's different from my earlier blog):

1/2 c oats
1 c soy milk (unsweetwned, with only 2 ingredients: soy beans and water)
2 T apple sauce (unsweetened, organic)
1 T Honey (local, unrefined)
a dash of cinnamon
! T ground flax seeds

Add all ingredients to a saucepan--except for the flax--and cook over medium heat until oats are tender. Then I add 1 T ground flax meal. Mix it together, and let the little ones go to town!




Yummy...more, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment