Monday, May 16, 2011

One Bun Pizza

"What is a One Bun?' This was my reaction when my dad mailed me a package from Sacramento after raving about its' deliciousness. Luckily, after falling in love with the One Bun, our Boulder Whole Foods newly expanded started carrying them.


Since we are not a family that orders out for pizza (and it can take hours to make home-made pizza), I started using the one bun as pizza crust for a super quick, easy pizza that we all love.

Here's what I do:

First, I place some fresh broccoli in a pan with about 2 tablespoons of water and a dash of garlic salt (no oil). I cook the broccoli covered for a few minutes, then let it sit while I prepare the other toppings.


Next, I open the One Buns and brush them with olive oil, garlic powder, and dried Italian seasoning (a mixture that I make quickly in a little bowl).

Then I squeeze out a half a block of tofu over the sink, allowing it to crumble and releasing most of it's moisture, and I crumble the tofu on the One Buns.


Then I put the cooked broccoli on, grated cheese, and I place in a preheated oven at 350 for 10 min. Then I increase the heat to 400 and cook for another 5 min.

As easy as an English Muffin pizza, but tastier and healthier.

No comments:

Post a Comment